Losing the Baby Weight. WEEK 1

March 20, 2011

It is serious.

2 weeks ago, I started working out with a trainer. I have been more than lax with my dieting since having Leighton and nursing and although my weight has been fairly consistent…nothing is changing. I have 12 lbs left and haven’t lost a single pound since January. ย  I hired a trainer and started tracking my food intake. I’ve spotted a few problems ๐Ÿ™‚

Waffles. They are evil and delicious and they MUST BE STOPPED. Sorry to innocent waffles every where…be they whole grain or manufactured processed white flour…they are a calorie nightmare when topped with smart balance, maple syrup, and flax seeds. I forgive so many things in the name of omega three fatty acids….but the truth is I must say good bye to waffles for now.

The next issue? Nursing gives me the most intense chocolate cravings. Breast milk is full of fat and cholesterol to promote growth and development and I guess your body feels a primal need to stock up on fat. But seriously? I’ve eaten BAGS of chocolate since my daughter was born. I am obviously in need of a 12 step chocolate avoidance program at this point.

Last? ย Inconsistency. I am working out 3-4 times per week but I don’t push the hubs for extra work out time when he’s home because I love the quality time with all of us together. My goal is to incorporate more family fitness and activities.

Here is my goal: Back into a bikini by May. 12 lbs in 10 weeks. I have a trainer and I am prepared to diet (GAH! I hate dieting!)

Anyone want to tag along to keep me motivated? I’d love to see comments. You are a QUIET bunch ๐Ÿ™‚

I will be posting healthy breakfasts, lunches, dinners–my own personal plan is about 1800 calories per day this is a minimum for nursing moms so I might stray into the 2000 calorie range after a hard workout.

1. March 20, 2011 3:45 am

I *totally* should hop on the bandwagon with you. I dropped about 6 pounds when we brought Ingrid home from Korea, and another 3 with the stomach flu. Which, I know, is not the healthiest way to lose weight, but it felt sooooo good to be so little. And now, little by little, it’s creeping back on my body, and I berate myself every time I step on the scale. And yet, I’m a glutton for punishment and keep eating the crap that packs on the pounds.
    Tell me how we stay accountable to each other, and I’m there.

• Jen permalink*
      March 20, 2011 9:31 pm

I’m thinking a weekly weigh in on Sunday….you’re totally getting gold stars for your cardio posts on FB!

2. March 20, 2011 11:52 am

Count me in!!! Although I’m back to my pre-pregnancy weight, I’ve got some serious post-preg belly going on. Like, my biggest fear is that someone is going to ask me when I’m expecting. Can you imagine?! So I think dropping a few lbs and toning up the abs is in serious order and May sounds like do-able.

Ok, and what’s up with the waffles? I started craving them when I was preggers and have yet to give up the bad habit. And while you are topping your whole grain waffles w/ flax seed, I’m usually slathering my belgian waffles with fresh whipped cream and strawberries! And I just can’t stop!!! But maybe if we join forces we can kick these waffles to the curb!

And the primal need to stock up on fat while nursing? I had no idea. That might explain my never-ending craving for cookies!

• Jen permalink*
      March 20, 2011 9:28 pm

I’m with you, Amanda! I lost the baby weight…but had a few extra before getting pregnant and with the shifting…it could definitely be better!

I do not know why waffles are so darn good!! Love the idea of the strawberries and whipped cream. Too bad I’m swearing off of them until the baby weight comes off ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Bonnie permalink
    March 20, 2011 4:13 pm

I’ve got about 10 pounds to go myself. My jeans are back on, but it’s a tight squeeze! We go to NYC in May, so that’s a good deadline for the pounds to be off by. I guess our lunch dates will have to be less calorie-laden ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

• Jen permalink*
      March 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Hooray for jeans that fit!! We’re going to be hot this summer ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Jen Rodriguez permalink
    March 20, 2011 7:50 pm

I’m in! I have 10 pounds to go to my pre-pregnancy weight. I love food too much! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Jen permalink*
      March 20, 2011 9:30 pm

yay! I love having good friends to keep me motivated….now that I’m not putting on my insanely tight dress blues once a year it’s too easy to slack.

5. Cindy permalink
    March 21, 2011 1:30 pm

There’s a small group of us here at the ESC who have recently decided to get fit and healthy. I’ve got 12 pounds to hit goal weight. My eating has drastically improved since December. I’ve pretty much cut out fried foods, fast foods and mexican food. I’m trying to bring my lunch to work but get sabatoged frequently. I know I need to incorporate exercise and then I’m off. I have lost 15 pounds since December though!

• Jen permalink*
      March 21, 2011 1:49 pm

That’s awesome, Cindy! I am so proud of you for sticking to it! Hopefully this 10 week challenge will keep you on track and give you some great ideas ๐Ÿ™‚ Let’s do lunch soon–maybe I can bring something in!

Trackbacks