Call me Crazy

April 2, 2009

Sneaky little Monkey!
Art on Pillow Case Exhibit A

Full Canvas with still life toddler foot

The getaway
My little turkey customized his pillow while I was on Crack book this afternoon chatting with a friend. SIGH. I saw the pen and did nothing. At least the pillow case was in dire need of a wash before the incident ever happened.
You can call me crazy, though. J and I have decided to attempt to get pregnant again. It’s been a little over 3 years since our loss and we decided it’s time for me to be brave. Nothing has happened yet–who knows what will happen now that I am 35? But I wanted to put it out there so that no one will be shocked or hurt if I announce a pregnancy in the next year or so.
I know how hard it can be to be blindsided with “happy news” when you have experienced infertility or loss. I hope to be as sensitive as possible for my readers who may be dealing with these issues.
We have an appointment in May with a perinatologist to discuss risks since our first baby had anencephaly–a terminal neural tube defect that occurs when the top of the spinal cord does not close and the top of the brain does not form. I am also taking 4-5mg of folic acid each day to help prevent this from happening again.
Wish us luck!

1. Anonymous permalink
    April 5, 2009 3:14 pm

I am so glad to hear that!! I am ready to be Grandma again. I wish you good, good, good luck!!!I love you, Nana

2. Kelli permalink
    April 7, 2009 1:09 am

Very exciting news- I will be thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way. Hopefully Morgan will outgrow his VanGogh stage before he is a big brother. My cousin did a number on my face when I was younger with permanent marker….

3. abc123vn permalink
    April 7, 2009 2:42 pm

Good luck! I am so excited for you! I know a family who had a baby with anencephaly and they have had three babies since! If you want more info just e-mail me…I am so excited for you guys!

4. James and Melissa permalink
    April 9, 2009 4:09 am

I’m so excited for you guys and good luck.

5. Katherine, aka katedrew94 permalink
    April 11, 2009 2:23 am

Best of luck!!!

6. Laura permalink
    April 18, 2009 8:57 am

Wow, Jen, that’s so exciting! I hope things go very smoothly and I wish you the best of luck! I’m sure it was hard to take a leap of faith after your loss, so good for you. Lots of positive thoughts coming your way!