Haute Couture

September 15, 2008

Our model strutting the catwalk in nothing but a diaper and spider monkey worn as a neck tie!
Note the trusty blankie in our first shot–not his usual–the one that Kristin gave us is in the dryer. Shhhh! Maybe he won’t notice 🙂
The weekend was a lot of fun. We went to a birthday party on Saturday that boasted a chocolate fondue fountain complete with a mountain of marshmallows for dipping. The little guy feasted on pure sugar and then got into the “Bounce U” with Daddy. I didn’t have a camera–but it was a riot. He LOVED it. It was hard to pull him out when the big kids took over. Morgan is definitely ALL BOY.
Today, we had brunch with Nate and Jude and their parents. Jeremy got to listen to his first Jonas Brothers song and Morgan happily chewed down on black beans and avocado after spitting his scrambled eggs on the floor.
We started whole milk this weekend–going ok so far–but the LG “little guy” is a wee bit gassy. Anyone have tips for taking the bottle away? I am at a loss….

1. Kelli permalink
    September 15, 2008 2:18 am

He’s got it goin’ on!

2. Alyssa permalink
    September 16, 2008 11:35 pm

I’ve come to the conclusion that Morgan and Zachary have the exact same little body. I love it!

3. Jess and Paul permalink
    September 17, 2008 10:34 pm

Taking the bottle away is FUN! Just kidding…no really it isn’t too bad. I waited until Phoebe was ok with whole milk (she wasn’t crazy about it at first) and then took away one bottle every week or few days or whatever. She didn’t drink as much from her sippy for a month or 2 and so I kept her on an AM and PM bottle just to make sure she was getting enough milk. She does fine now after we found a sippy she likes, but actually prefers to use a big girl cup. We still do a bottle at night because it’s our special time and the only 10 minutes a day when she is STILL! I don’t know when I’ll take that away…can’t say I am too worried about it, LOL. This is long (sorry)!

4. James and Melissa permalink
    September 19, 2008 2:25 am

I love the pictures!

5. Laura permalink
    September 23, 2008 3:46 am

Sounds like you guys are having tons of fun! Mattix has a bonobo that is almost identical to Morgan’s spider monkey (except it’s a bonobo). He loves to have it around his neck, too. Wait, that doesn’t’ sound good. You know what I mean, right?! I have no advice. Mattix still gets a bottle at nap time, bedtime, and one more in the morning. I’m not touching that one until he’s two. He won’t drink any milk products out of a sippy and quite frankly, the idea of taking away his bottle makes me sweat and get dizzy! 🙂 Good luck and do share any tips!

6. Kristin permalink
    September 24, 2008 4:09 am

Oh good…I was worried about the blanket. I thought he had betrayed my blankie love!!On the bottle, I have no tips for you, but I like Jess’ plan. I am dreading the loss of bottle time – I just LOVE to cuddle with Miss L…just the thought of it going away makes me cry. We’re going to start introducing whole milk this week, but I’m afraid the bottles will be around for a while. Probably more for Mommy than for Lilly… 🙂