About Sleep…

June 16, 2008

Ummm…NO. I did not buy the onesie! It was a gift from one of my mom’s friends. Isn’t he cute when he laughs???

I just read Emily’s post about Lulu sleeping and I am so jealous!!

It seems that no matter what time we put Mr. Crankypants down…he wakes up at 5am or pretty gosh darn close to it. Our kiddo turns his nose up at regularly scheduled naps and prefers just running around until the wheels come off…or he passes out from exhaustion.

I try calming everything down…I dim the lights…we read books about love…we sing lullabies…and his little head hits the pallet…does a 360…and he’s off again. Sometimes he laughs like naps are all a big joke…ERRRGH.

Sigh. We finally got the food thing working…lets hope one day my little one learns to sleep.

1. lee permalink
    June 16, 2008 9:31 pm

Morgan and Zoe sound like soul mates!;O)xoxo

2. Nicki permalink
    June 16, 2008 9:48 pm

Haha books about love. That’s hilarious ๐Ÿ™‚ I promise ALL my kids are great sleepers now and 3 of the 4 woke up constantly and refused naps to various degrees as toddlers. Now the routine is “good night” and they take themselves up to bed. It happens, I swear!

3. Jess and Paul permalink
    June 17, 2008 1:06 am

I’m sorry…that must be sooo hard to take (really). Phoebe is a great sleeper (knock on wood) and I thank God every day for it! I have major fears that the next one will not sleep a wink…I know there are some good books out there…but of course, I can’t remember any names. Ugh.

4. abc123vn permalink
    June 17, 2008 4:02 am

He is so cute! I hope the sleep thing changes soon!

5. Laura permalink
    June 17, 2008 4:05 am

Love the shirt…you are a hottie! I hear ya. I was jealous when I read her post, too! ๐Ÿ™‚ If it makes you feel any better (even though we’re not exactly in the ideal situation here), it does get better. Mattix used to wake up – well, all night long – but he would get up for good that early (5:00 a.m). Now we can usually make it to 6:30, and on a really lucky day, 7:00, after a 5:00 a.m. bottle. Anyway, it does get better. And Mattix started napping VERY regularly and consistently after four months after doing exactly what Morgan is doing, so there’s hope for that one, too. Can you email you address to me? I have something to send you! (ourvalentinesdaytreat@yahoo.com)

6. Jill permalink
    June 17, 2008 3:13 pm

What a cute smile Morgan has! Love the onesie. ๐Ÿ™‚ Sleep is definitely a struggle with some kids. Just when we thought our little one was sleeping through the night, she woke up several times last night, and is barely napping 15 mins at a time..argh!