Stage 5 Clinger

May 22, 2008

Above is a belated photo of the 0-3 months swim trunks. Our little one looks like quite the pool lounge lizard in this one.
So, the past few days have been rougher. Morgan is a full force “Cling-on” right now. He will not let me put him down without a fight. Even with my parents here…it was very difficult to put him down to get anything done. My step mom ended up doing the majority of laundry and cleaning that I hoped to accomplish. Morgan seems to worry that I am “handing him over” if anyone but his dad and I hold him. I have to respect that and not try it unless he initiates the holding…but I know it hurts his grandparents feelings.
Today, Jeremy made it home very early from work and I got a 4 hour nap. BLISS. Morgan is very happy to hang out with Daddy and that is awesome. They are playing now so that I can post.
Sorry the postings have been erratic. I am still so exhausted and trying to figure things out. We’ve gone on a few outings–lunch with a friend and lunch with my folks–a visit to my office–and Morgan is hanging in like a champ. He’s social as long as he is clinging to me πŸ™‚ No high chairs or other people holding him for the most part.
Everyone says that this will ease up as the weeks go by. I can’t wait–I miss his funny little laugh that came a lot easier in VN and I would love to see him relaxed more often.
  1. May 23, 2008 12:37 am

Cami was very monkey baby for a while but, I promise it does get better. Have a glass of wine and be sure to take some time for yourself.

2. Kelli permalink
    May 23, 2008 12:45 am

Love that picture! I am sure Morgan will get more comfortable as time goes on. You are doing a great job!

3. The Gregs permalink
    May 23, 2008 12:50 am

It sounds like you are really handling his adjustment beautifully (even though it hasn’t been easy). He looks adorable in his swimsuit. I am glad you got a nap.

4. Jess and Paul permalink
    May 23, 2008 6:18 pm

Jen, it sounds like you are doing such a good job with Morgan. Don’t worry about not posting often, everyone understands this is a tough time. In another week or two, I bet he will be doing much better! Are you carrying him around in a sling or baby bjorn?

5. James and Melissa permalink
    May 23, 2008 9:09 pm

The picture is so cute! I’ll bet that the adjustment will get easier and easier! πŸ™‚

6. abc123vn permalink
    May 24, 2008 7:02 pm

He looks like an experienced traveler in that picture! I am sure the adjustment will get easier, at least I hope so.

7. Tasha permalink
    June 6, 2008 7:43 pm

That picture is just waaay too cute.