New duds

April 30, 2008

Since Morgan is the little guy of our travel group–he got some snazzy brand new hand me downs from his friend Max. Max is our “big boy” at nearly 25 lbs and two weeks younger than Morgan. He seems to inspire pride wherever we go. Once the locals see Max we get a thumbs up. He looks healthy and strong! He also has the cutest cheeks 🙂
Morgan went with mom and dad to the hotel pub for dinner. He rocked his little NY Mets socks from Tinsae’s grandparents–Mr and Mrs. C–and played happily with a coaster while we ate. I don’t want to jinx anything…but he’s very social and enjoys going out and meeting new people…as long as no one tries to pry him away from his mama. He watched sports on the big screen and danced a little to the music that played in the back ground. I am sure we have a little party animal on our hands!! Who could resist that face and the magical smell of baby lotion??
In lieu of emails–
Doug and Kristi we are looking forward to getting our little guys together!
Phuong–you are so not kidding about the coffee here. It might as well be labeled for alternative use as jumper cables! Just the thing to get you moving when you are sluggish after a 4am wake up call by the little guy 🙂 I could be wrong…but I think he looks a bit like Parker!
Tim–congratulations. My brain is mush and I could not be happier. I’ve taught Morgan to go pbbbbbbbb! It’s about the only sentence I can finish….if you say one word about the enormous bags under my eyes I will hurt you 😉
Cheryl–thanks so much for loving Claire and taking such good care of her. I posted the photo of her enjoying the garden.
  1. Doug permalink
    April 30, 2008 1:42 pm

Tinsae’s parents are going to have to send over some Yankee and Red Sox socks to counterbalance the NY Mets delusions held by Tinsae’s Nana and Morgan’s Daddy.Tinsae honestly keeps talking about Morgan!

2. Tasha permalink
    April 30, 2008 3:17 pm

Here’s just too cute for words!!!Thanks for all the updates. It sounds like you guys are having the time of your lives (understandably so).

3. LeAnne Torzala permalink
    April 30, 2008 6:08 pm

Oh my gosh…he is sooo CUTE & so tiny!!! I’m now sure that he won’t be in 18mos for summer (back to shopping). I love the thoughts & stories about Morgan & your trip. I can’t wait to get the boys together to play some cars, vroom, smash, now nice cars, Batman & all sorts of manly things with sound effects that Brandon will teach him!! We are looking forward to your return to catch up and meet your baby boy!!!Love ya,LeAnne

4. Kelley permalink
    April 30, 2008 9:09 pm

I am just tickled reading all about yall meeting lil’ Morgan. He’s just adorable and your as beautiful as ever! Your stories and your husband’s are quite entertaining-so keep it up! I hope to meet your family soon! My mom made Morgan a little floor blanket for playtime. I’ll be sure to send it to yall for your return home. Again, congrats and all the best for the rest of the trip!

5. James and Melissa permalink
    May 1, 2008 1:57 am

It looks like you are having so much fun! Morgan is such a cutie. 🙂

6. May 1, 2008 3:35 am

We Love Morgan!!!Hurry and bring him home safely. Ro

7. abc123vn permalink
    May 1, 2008 4:01 am

Ok I am alll caught up now and he is sooooooo cute and I LOVE Jeremy’s posts! I am so happy to see you all together as a family! Please keep sharing!

8. Diane permalink
    May 1, 2008 2:43 pm

Jen,Morgan is so beautiful!!! Things sound like they are just fabulous! Herm too has has a severe case of acute poopy aversion. Avoiding the diaper change is all in the credibility of the empty gesture. Herm could write a manual on it.Rule #1 – at first whiff of poo remain calm…use best poker face and insist you don’t smell anything.Rule #2 – Once the elephant in the room has climbed every nostril in the vicinity wait patiently. DO NOT MOVE until spouse, grandparent, aunt, houseguest begins to address the issue. Then, and only then do you SLOWLY lift only ONE butt cheek off the couch and quietly say, “I’ll change him.” At this point spouse, grandparent, aunt, houseguest must be fully convinced that you genuilely intended to change the diaper. Once hooked on your virtuous selflessness, said spouse, grandparent etc., will most often say, “No, I’m already up, I’ll do it.”On occasion this plan of action does not always work in which case… your screwed.It worked forever until I finally cought on. God bless you guys!

9. The Gregs permalink
    May 1, 2008 9:20 pm

What a handsome boy!

10. Cheryl permalink
    May 2, 2008 2:14 am

We miss you guys so much! (Claire and I) Can’t wait for you to return with your handsome man! Jeremy’s stories are great! The guys are hanging tight in the bar!Can’t wait to meet Morgan!